View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 05:58 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I harped on it for years, and finally quit. But I'll bi*tch about it one more time for posterity. If you drop six figures on a "beautifully crafted" CSX, KMS, or SPF then, dammit, the manufacturer ought to provide you with a detailed service manual that wasn't written by someone with only a third grade education, or for whom English is a "work in progress." There is absolutely no excuse for not providing one. Regardless of the manufacturer, somebody had to have built that roller and that somebody knows all the parts, and their numbers, the specifications, and their recommended replacement techniques. The least they could do is memorialize it and provide it to the buyer.
I can't speak for CSX or KMP cars but we do have a manual, both owners and install for SPF cars. It is up to the dealer to "pay up" to the third party supplier for the owners manuals as the distributor does not supply them. The 289 and 427 owners manuals come from different sources but both are well done and cover the operation as well as much install info. There is also a 427 SPF install manual that is close to 20 years old but still very relevant.

There are also very well done wiring diagrams that are specific to the chassis number and reflect any changes that have taken place over the evolution of the SPF Hi-Tech manufactured chassis'.

We can supply either. If you have an SPF and desire the owners manual let us know the chassis number and we can put you in touch with the supplier. The 427 install manual is a PDF with 14 chapters and a REALLY BIG file but we can email in several emails. info(AT)timemachinesauto.com

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/