View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

This is the way a business looks that is augering in. Some products ship quickly some have unexplainable delays in shipping. If a part is in inventory it ships quickly. If the part has to be ordered it does not.

The difference is attributable to the manufacturer's relationship with the reseller. If the reseller pays on time the manufacturer ships on time. If the reseller is habitually late in payment the manufacturer deals on a cash basis or not at all.

Once the reseller is on a cash and carry basis he needs to generate cashflow to purchase the merchandise for resale. The already bad business management syndrome that got him here now begins to use cashflow from existing sales to pay for past purchases. This downward spiral accelerates quickly and soon the reseller becomes a footnote on the pages of performance retailers.

I think this is exactly what is happening to Finishline. Poor business judgement, practice and operation eventually take an unmistakeable toll. You are all watching it unfold before your eyes in real time.

My prediction, Finishline has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. It is time for buyers to beware ...

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.