Thread: New Basket Case
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 04:30 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP View Post
I just picked up a privately built 2013 British racing green A&C Cobra from the Cleveland area two weeks ago. It only had 940 miles on it and was barely driveable. It’s now in a million pieces in an attempt to correct all the build errors. I’m down to the crank on the engine, brake system, clutch system, and fuel system were removed, the peddle box was modified, and the foot area has been cut out, enlarged and glassed back up. There’s many many more items I’m fixing or improving. I turned the corner last weekend and now everything is going back together. The original body and bare chassis and suspension are gorgeous on this kit. Whoever finished it from there originally should be shot though. 😂. I love this little thing and can’t wait to get it on the road.
Ah yes, in the days of, and prior to "cash for clunkers", I picked up a number of poorly built, or highly neglected Cobra kits and finished cars.....Too good to be true, of course they were, every single one of them. But when they left my garage, they were all nicely gone through and street worthy. Take things one step at a time, one set of components at a time, and slowly, you will get to the point where the car is once again safe to drive.

Bill

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS