Old 07-09-2019, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Going for 2 degrees negative?

I am at one and am thinking of going to two and putting in some toe out.

I was running fairly hard on Sunday and my rear tires were in the low nineties and fronts were around 104 degrees. I have the live rear end so they are always equal across the tread in temp.

I imagine I'll get into the 120 range in front and 110 on the rear at grissom on a nice hot day.
Bridgestone's like 2.8 D front and 1.8 D rear, when the car is right front and rear pressures gain an equal amount. We are certainly not there yet. We are now logging Steering angle, traction control, throttle angle longitudinal acceleration, lateral acceleration, pitch rate, roll rate, yaw rate and actual roll and pitch in degrees. We have distance traveled, turn radius, engine rpm, and combined accelerations. It is a little overwhelming right now but will be an excellent set up tool when I learn more. For example we had yaw rates of 54 degrees per second which indicates over steer when compared with steering angle. Seems Scott was driving around it because the more we corrected it the faster he went. We are going to try setting the traction control at 300 rpm per .1 second at the drive shaft and see how that works.
Also going to try a taller front tire to see if braking improves.