Old 07-10-2019, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tires and Traction control

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Taller front to get a little more rubber patch? Also will give a little less leverage to the calipers.

Traction control? I have the seat of my pants for that!

Lighting up the tires at 8200 rpm? I have my rev limiter at 6000 which is too low but not knowing exactly what is in the motor I don't want to blow it up.
I am hoping the longer footprint, taller sidewall and 1 degree less negative camber will improve decel to a competitive level. The problem with these cars is they are short and narrow and transfer lots of weight very quickly. So when it is decelerating the front tires are doing a big % of the work The biggest front tire I can run with a stock front fender is a 295/30/18 but Bridgestone does not make anything that will fit other than a 285/30/18 or 275/35/18 so we are stuck. Just need to make them perform the best in this platform. Lowering the rear, reducing camber and going to a tall tire as well as more weight in the rear all help. Last weekend peak acceleration was 1.16 G, peak cornering 1.37 G and peak stopping .9 G so it illustrates the problem.

Traction control: to quote Scott "the car spins the rears when I look at the throttle" We just pull spark timing but it does soften the motor a little I also have a very slow throttle cam and 6.5" of throttle travel. He rarely goes over 1/2 throttle so we have too much power for the tires we have to run but that is what makes it fun. Believe me, no one could control this thing with their foot alone. Over 690 normally aspirated instant on RWHP in a 2400 pound car on 200 tw tires.