View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default These cars are never done

Last summer I tried to impress my grandson It went great for just a minute and the engine started stumbling. I hadn't warmed the engine and was Shure I had sheared the distributor drive gear pin. Ended up I had run out of gas. time spent and parts bought small parts but. This year I finally got the garage cleared and got the car out. I forgot a lot since last year how the clutch pedal feels, unlike the brake pedal. You can stand on the brake and it just won't go into gear. I put the last of my pocket cash into the tank, I'm down to $11 singles in my pocket. Now the hazard warning switch is a problem. I have rights but no lefts, Bad switch I tested, now I can't find a (same) Old time push pull switch replacement Knob has the triangle symbol. l Three screw eye terminals BAT in center rear with a fuse, and a terminal on either side _ left and right. All the wires are connected on the hazard switch. It is not as original but could be needed. I've looked around online Finish line, Cobra restorers, Ron Francis, Painless wiring. What I find are toggle switches. Not what I want now. After an hour at the auto parts store with the beat parts guy I know I settled for DS234 looks a lot like what I have but longer threaded neck and shaft. Should get it tomorrow, We'll see.
Next thing, I put the ignition switch and thusly the keys low and to the left. Problem is the dangling keys jab my knee when operating the clutch .. What did you happy builder-drivers, do differently?
Then lastly for now the door striker got lose. my striker is accessed through the wheel well hole is covered with black duct tape,, nut had shuck off and when I removed the striker the two shim washer fell into the carpet. What to use for thread drag so it won't just shake off again? some goo that will give the drag on the threads but not hurt anything? I'm trying the smallest amount of Gorilla clear glue on the male striker threads let it set up first. That's it for now, I have other tasks to take care of.