Thread: Hi.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

So they got it out today. It is pretty worn. The clutch people (centerline) II say it is good for 600 ft pounds of torque....I don't think so. I ordered a dual disc McLeod that will work with my existing flywheel, rated for 800 hp. They had a special going so it paid for the shipping, I believe. It is due here on Saturday.

I've been doing standing starts at the autocross taking off in second gear. I guess maybe I should start using first to at least get the car rolling.

Should be back on the track in a week or so.

The flywheel is from a 60's Nova. It is iron, has 153 teeth (or 154) and weighs 17#. I looked for aluminum flywheels but they all weighed more. I did not look at the pilot bearing. The slave is annular. The disc is 10.4".

The two disc setup is supposed to be softer engagement with more gripping power and softer pedal action. The two disc setups are fairly common in high torque engines such as vettes vipers and trucks. It also weighs about 2# less than the single disc setup so that is always a plus in an engine you want to rev up and down quickly. (Low rotating mass for quick revs)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by t walgamuth; 07-19-2019 at 08:11 AM..