Thread: Damaged wheel
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     
Default damaged wheel

Gaz 64
the other rear wheel looks exactly the same, [the wording of 'WHEEL LOAD" is cut]....the "flaw' that cuts thru the words, "wheel load", go ALL the way around the entire wheel.

xb-60
I bought the car when I lived in Texas, a few years ago, it was a rolling chassis. I have NO idea how the damage occurred. I had new tires put on a couple of months ago, as the car is now complete and ready for registration. Did not notice the damage till a couple of weeks ago.

strictlypersonl
If I do decide to purchase a new wheel from Trigo, I was intending to send them the wheel and request that they duplicate it.

Dwight
I think I took and posted ALL the markings on both inside and outside of wheel, hard to read, even looking at the real thing right in front of me.

Not knowing the manufacture, I assumed a replacement wheel would cost upward of $500.00. Now, knowing, with all your help, that's it's a Trigo, and only cost $300.00, that's probably how I'll go...still searching for wheel repair shop in my area, Atascadero is a small town, think I found one in nearby Paso Robles, I'll be headed to his shop later today.

Thank You! everyone for all your help.
BTW, she has a 351 beefed up to a 427 and runs like a bat out of hell!!!!
Took the painted body off another FF5 and put it on this chassis, as her body is out for paint.

Wayne

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.