View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, Make sure you get this now cause I won't say it ever again.

NASCAR guys are the ultimate engine builders for 2 valve, pushrod, carbureted V-8's. The current development of the Windsor design (notice I didn't use small block since they are not all that small anymore) is far superior to the best FE ever built. Of course, the FE had its origins as a truck motor, designed in the early 1950's, and discontinued in the early 1970s. The Windsor was designed in the late 1950's/early 60's and produced until recently. The FE WAS state of the art in it's day, unlike the Windsor at that time, due to development programs within the factory and with NASCAR builders. But time has passed it by.

But please, there isn't a pushrod engine ever built that can hold a candle in specific output/cu in or even racing milage (yes, thats important too), to a current state of the art DOHC 4v . He!!, Peugeot figured the DOHC 4V out back in 1908 or so. So lets lighten up on how wonderful the 358 is. When you can get 4+ hp/cu in and turn 17,000 rpm with out turbo/super chargers or nitrous, call me back.

McFEZ

PS Thanks for the complements and inclusion of my FE car as one of the "fast guys" in a world of Windsors.

PPS You Cranky guys have never actually seen it run good. VIR/Summitt Point was only maybe 80%.