Thread: Louisiana DMV
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The main state office is in Baton Rouge at the State Police compound. While I have not been through the process with a Cobra, I have been through it with a kit car, 2 street rods and a combined title truck.

I found that it was easier to just go to the compund and sit in front of the people that would ultimatley be handling the process. You can't just walk in. You have to get a photo pass to get past the front desk, but it's no big deal.

They will tell what flaming hoops you have to jump through to get what you need. Once you have completed their checklist of inspections and paperwork, it's all about the money and how much you owe. Hard to say what rules apply now as they will tell you that the rules are constantly changing and/or being rewritten. You need current info. Local offices often don't know how to deal with specialty vehicles and have to constaantly refer back to the State office. Might as well have yourself some hassel and bypass them.

Sorry that this is my first post. I've been lurking around for a while learning what I can to apply to a sports car project I'm working on. Not a Cobra. Thought I might be able to help. Yes, I do live in Louisiana.

Edit: Opps, I see it's my second post!

Last edited by Hotrod46; 08-13-2019 at 07:37 AM..