View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft - 427 w/ 750Quickfuel on a Dart Block
Not Ranked     
Default Another new clutch - REALLY???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am experiencing exactly the same problems and symptoms, as "critical/mass" was experiencing, but on a brand new (2013 and I am original owner) 427 Backdraft, puts out a little under 500HP with 3.73 gears in the rear.

My story. Original brand new clutch was a Centerforce. About 5K miles into it I was getting a severe gear crunch every time I put it in reverse. Turned out to be warped flywheel. Replaced the clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, etc, all brand new....Centerforce again 2 yrs ago.

Now I am about 3-4k miles into this brand new clutch and getting the chattering out of 1st gear. I have been driving muscle cars for almost 10 years now and I am not a dufus driver. I don't do burn outs, I don't ride the clutch pedal, I don't slip the clutch excessively ever.....I only like to nail it and wind out the gears on the highway. So I am pretty disappointed to be doing the clutch replacement again.

This time a Mcleod is going in.

So all that said and done what does the Forum got to say about this BS?? My 3rd clutch in 10,000 miles just ain't right.

Scotty Sad..