View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all of you.

A few points, please and forgive me for sounding like an old crank. I am *****ing way to much but I think after 3 years....

1) Car bought new 2016. The dealer is fantastic as is the installer.
2) Roush 427R package
3) 12K miles. I know it is a lot.
4) Driven like a museum piece. Tires never spun. Never raced. All highway.
5) I am pretty good with the tools and have a vowel at the end of my name. I have a spotless garage floor, acid etched and painted and I am ready to go at all times.
6) I have built many cars and I get the drill. It is not a factory product.
7) My hand built crap was way more reliable than a car that prides itself on a factory, assembly line, standard, quality experience. It's why you go to Superformance and not build a kit (in part).
8) You saw the list of breakdowns. This is a lightly driven car. Did you see that list?
9) I talk to Superformance and they say if the fiberglass cracked, they will help but for the parts in the roller, they can not stand by their suppliers. Full stop. That is not right. They sell a roller with sourced parts. Stand by your car.
10) Did I mention this car cost a small fortune?
11) I get Roush and Superformance are seperate. But, they did form an alliance. Your are judged by the company you keep and their are no stars on a show that flops.
12) Lost of lots of time in a 3 short summers. Lot's of tow trucks. I finally had to join AAA.

So, when asked about my experience by potential buyers, I will be sure to carefully point out who was responsible for the problems and that SFP was only on the hook for half. That should help sell a car.

Thanks again, friends. Great posts.