View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2144 with a Roush 342R (sold June 2018, but still lurking on Club Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Tciulla,

I empathize with your frustration, therefore, I won't waste your time debating the merits of a Superformance.

I owned my Superformance for 11 years. In the first 12,000 miles I experienced numerous unexpected issues, some of which are: defective carb, defective thermostat, leaking clutch reservoir, defective water pump (twice), defective speedometer (twice), leaking clutch slave cylinder, broken ground wire (battery to frame), and broken side pipe mounts (twice). Fortunately, and with help from Club Cobra, I was able to remedy all the issues in a relatively timely manner. Were the issue bothersome? Yes. Were they frustrating? Yes. Were they annoying? Yes. Did they cost me money? Yes. But, at the end of the day, that car was so much fun it didn't matter!

From discussions with many cobra owners over the years, the unexpected is expected. These cars, although well built, are somewhat fragile.

I drove my car over 20,000 miles before I sold it. I miss it terribly. As much as I wanted it to be error free, I finally came to the realization that the "hiccups" were the price of ownership. So please, be patient.