Thread: website slow?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     
Default Please fix this site. It's too valuable to lose

This morning's 'welcome' message to me from Club Cobra at startup....
"PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0182B597"
....and that was my second try after it timed out and gave me a different error message.
Third try, I sneaked in

In the absence of any comment or information from the site owner / administrator / moderator, who is actually responsible for this site and its operation?
I do actually make a small yearly contribution to the site's .....what? running costs / maintenance?....but of course the site's store of information and the access to that information is available to absolutely anybody, whether a signed-in member or not. (When I say "available", that's not been an entirely accurate description of the state of the site for some time now).

So....I'm looking for suggestions here....is there anything that we as members of this forum can do to ensure that this facility and all of the information that it contains remains accessible?

If the moderator reads my rant and wants to throw me out for a time of 'reflection'....fine. Just fix the site please.

Regards,
Glen

edit: can't get to the portal page at all this morning. This is the message I get
PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0182B2AF
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\class _core.php on line 3181

Last edited by xb-60; 09-13-2019 at 05:21 PM..