View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

Internet has nothing to do with it, when I give a man my word, that's it, unless or untill I hear diffetent. Your example, not sure how I would have handled it, after 2nd or 3rd no show, I probably given him an exact cut off time when tractor would be back up for sale.
To each each his own, I will continue to take a man at his word untill he defalts, thats just me.
I spoke with first seller at 9:00am, he was to text/email his bank info and I would send him bank transfer immediatly. Instead, I get an email 6 hrs later saying he sold to neighbor. Had he done as we agreed, he could have had his$$$ 5 hrs before he told me he sold it.

I have contractor scheduled to place concrete slab tomorrow for shop extension, if he does not show, I will fire him, and ask the he come pick up his three pieces of equipment. One chance, no second chances.

How others act, buyers or sellers does not, will not change how I act, I will continue to take a man at his word, give mine, and if he does not act like a man and keep to his word, I'll avoid him, and then I'll deal with the next person as I have all my life. Give my word and accept his.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 09-15-2019 at 09:44 AM..