View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

So, I have a couple of guys working here, Jacks of all trades, moving fences, building sheds, landscaping, irrigation, and I'm bull ****ting about selling trailer.
Mike says Ill buy it if I can find a place to put it, can you give me two or three days to find place? I say, sure, we shake hands.
Owner of concrete company that's placing slab for shop extension hears about selling trailer, that looks like model home, inside, not typical trailer says, I'll buy it, right now, pulls out his wallet and hands me cash, I say, NO, I gave my word to Mike, we shook hands, he has 2 or 3 days to buy it. Owner adds cash to pot, and says I want it now, I'll take it now, move it right now. I say, you didn't here me, I gave my word to mike.

Mike and I go on 13-1/2 hour road trip to pick up mini, he says, I have a place, but wont be available for 30 days, I say fine, ok, do you want to live in trailer for next 30 days, I've had 10 people ask to rent trailer, but I said no, I've spent a night or two in trailer myself when wife and I fighting. and friends have stayed the night when too drunk to drive home.

Those of us that lived in the 50s and 60s remember when a man's word, a handshake meant something, from the posts above, I guess that's not the case anymore. I refuse to accept that!

My word, my handshake means something to me. Maybe I'm stupid, naïve, but that's who I am. I may have lost sale, and even more money than I was asking for, on the spot, he had cash in hand, last friday that's not the point, integrity is the point!I

MY WORD, MY HANDSHAKE MEANS SOMETHING! To me anyway.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 09-22-2019 at 12:33 PM..