Thread: Portal Access
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

For those worried about long term access to the forum information consider approaching the owner here and buying this site (if he will sell it). Before you do it, do your due diligence and get an audited statement of the costs and income. Then also approach some other forum owners about their experiences with this kind of material. I think you'll find that it's a money losing proposition and that "memberships" simply don't work (another forum went free a few months ago since they were losing members at an alarming rate). I'm not alone in refusing to pay for entertainment of this kind.

You'll also find that the software running this forum is horribly outdated. At one point it was free or fairly cheap. I believe this software is no longer supported and people are migrating to other platforms (that cost money). Beware, though, some claim that the new software is compatible with the database file used by the old software, but I truly believe that the worms eating this forum are deeply embedded in some corrupted portions of the database.