Thread: Brakes worked!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka View Post
I feel nearly invisible sometimes so I will drive in the daytime with headlights on. I have a silver gray low profile car, no stripes. On a cloudy or overcast day I feel especially vulnerable to the non observant, texting, soccer mom or dad or teenager. So defensive driving it is. Be loud and proud. What do the bikers say...loud pipes save lives...ya I think that's it. Be safe friends!

John
I don't blame you. My wife went through a number of collisions over about 20 years - never at fault - just driving along obeying the law - rear enders, front enders - backed into - you name it. We finally realized every car she had owned was either silver or light gray and concluded they are nearly invisible to other drivers and blend in too well with weathered asphalt and concrete. The last time she bought a black car and so far she has not had any one run over her for 7 years now. I love silver but I don't think I will be buying another one.