Thread: sea foam
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default sea foam

I hadn't started one of the cars for a couple of months, went to start it and it would not continue to run, ran fine on a shot of ether, then quit even, if I gave it the gas. Looking the carb over, I noticed that the accelerator pump was not working. Put in a new diaphragm, still no shot of gas. Brought it to my carb repair guy to have it boiled out. Got it back the next day. When I walked in, he said, I see you are using Sea Foam. I said, yes, I had just put some in about a month ago for the first time, how did you know? He showed me some pictures of small balls of a jelly like clear stuff in the float bowl that he said was sea foam and that was clogging up my carb. He has been rebuilding carbs for over 30 years, so he does know something about them. My cars run only 93 octane 100% pure gas. He recommended putting in a gallon or so of gas in the tank and running the engine every week and adding to the tank to always have a gallon only in the tank before I am ready to run the car on a normal basis then fill it up. I sure some of you have had good luck using sea foam, I did not. Just a heads up, as that time for winter storage is coming soon.

Bill K