Old 10-18-2019, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by my427cobra View Post
Thanks for the great detail Cobra#3170.

Always curious and love to learn these details. I often re-search this kind of stuff just to learn about it even if I never implement it myself.

So you hinted at a BMW ABS system. What year and model were you thinking?

A kind of donor car application?

Would that BMW donor ABS system provide all the other parts you detailed? the sensors, the speed tone rings, the pump solenoid, the pressure sensors and the yaw sensor?

Cheers
Greg
This is a subject I know very little about, this is all I know. BMW has a model 3 series I think that has a stand alone Bosch ABS computer. There is a company that I am told has figured out how to hack the software in that computer to make it work in other cars. You would still need two pressure sensors, 4 tone wheels, a yaw sensor, 4 speed sensors and a wiring harness. I think they supply all that and the price is in the $3000 range. You should Google it and see what you can find. I understand some Corvette people use it to avoid the dreaded "ice mode".
The Bosch racing system is track only, has 11 settings for different conditions
and has better yaw control software so that is the direction I went. They use it on Porsche Cup cars so it has to be good or Porsche would not use it. There is an older Bosch system called the Mark 4 that is $1000 cheaper if you can find one but is not as good as the Mk5. This was so difficult to do I did not want to compromise anything.