Thread: CSX 6079 build
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     
Default fuel tank

I am going with fuel injection so I decided to put the pump in the tank. This install I believe will eliminate fuel starvation issues under hard cornering and acceleration. While doing I discovered several problems with the car. I dont know what they were smoking while building this car but nonetheless I will fix it.

Who ever built the fuel tank did not account for the stupid location of the sender as the baffle on the bottom of the tank hit the sender so it would not fit. and whoever installed the sender just simply rotated it to a horizontal installation, which renders the sender useless. Also the sender only fits one way in the hole pattern and they stripped the screw while jamming it in. So the fuel gauge would have never worked and it would have leaked. SHM...Even if the sender did fit, in this location the fuel lever would read full until a half tank.
So I will need to relocate the sender.

The vent hose was kinked so bad it never would have worked either. Imagine the first time filling the fuel tank. Fuel spews in your face because the vent tube is kinked, the tank would have leaked because the idiot jammed the sender in the wrong way and the gauge would not have worked.

Nice car looks amazing but who ever did the final assembly did not give a sh!t.
Attached Images