View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

At this stage, I can't upload pictures, which makes it just a little boring.

Here goes anyway....

Currently working on the firewall, and specifically, the wipers. There is nothing in my AP manual about the wipers installation, so I'm winging it somewhat.
I looked at an older build of the first AP 427 that was documented, a build by Cobra01, and I found some pictures there. Cobra01 mounted the wiper motor on the "inside" of the firewall on the left hand side of the car, but I can't do that because of my glovebox (remember, mine's a RHD car).
So, asked my learned and very experienced friend Tim for some pics of the wiper install. on his very nice ERA 289FIA. Surprise (not really) ....the wiper motor is mounted on the LHS footbox, as on the original 289 cars.
Looking at my firewall and footbox, that seems to be a sensible thing to do.
First hurdle - the holes for the wiper spindles on my car are mounted around 12mm (1/2") too far apart compared to the supplied tubing that carries the wiper drive spiral to the two spindles.
So, looking at my options to work around the problem. Need some 6mm ID / 8mm OD tubing.

Be nice if at some stage soon, a task that I start on could be yep, one step forward , and done!

Any ideas for the inability to load more pics? I'm wondering if it's that my $ contribution has run its time, and my picture upload allowance has shrunk. Comments?
I'm not necessarily keen to renew my subscription if I can't see any value in it, or any interest in the forum from its owner

Cheers!
Glen