View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
If you want accuracy or flexibility to change gears and tires, with easy correction, then go digital.

If you want to stay true to the 1960's, stay with the cable. I think you already blue that, when you installed the TKO. You would at least have to have an FE for this to bother you in the least.

PS
Does an aluminum 482 stroker count as an FE? Well it sure is a modern improved FE, to me. So you tell us, does nostalgia bother you, when you use more modern improved parts?
OK I get it,
Am I building a concourse CSX car to duplicate a 1965 car? no. do 95% of guys who have a cobra have a concourse reproduction of a 1965 car? no. I am building a close to period correct car. My car will have an EFI aluminum SHELBY motor with Shelby heads, shelby water pump etc... lots of the parts that are being use on my motor came from Shelby engine Co. True, I am using a TKO600, is a modern day TKO-600 Road race transmission with a true track kirkham rear end light years better than the top loader/ jag set up used on the 1965 cars YES. Are the smith gauges period correct? yes however the electronic odometer readout is not period correct. The EFI is not period correct either. Do you think for one moment that if the guys in the 60's had this technology they would use it? hell yes.

Its funny that guys here start looking down on some one building a cobra claiming it is not period correct while their car having power brakes, MSD ignition, lug nuts, box chassis etc... if it is not a CSX car or a Kirkham car it is not even close to period correct... I can make a claim that the ERA, car with the exception of the box chassis is the closest to period correct as it gets.