View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

DanEC

Thankfully I am NOT in a wheelchair, I was one of the lucky ones, came back with no physical injuries, my mind, now that's a different thing.

No accommodation for wheelchair passenger, only the driver.

As I've said above, my first thought was to build a Cobra that a Vietnam Veteran who is confined to a chair can drive, rather than driving a boring van.

"I would just cut it - I've done enough work in fiberglass to know what an easy material it is to work with compared to steel. I did all the restoration on my old Corvette body and the great thing is it can be cut, repaired, patched, sculpted, spliced, reinforced, etc to deal with just about any issue."
THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE ENCOURGEMENT!

That's the plan, today...to just cut it, I've got a great fiberglasser I'm working with here in town, so any error, mistake can be easily fixed.

My background is 30+ years in the construction industry, 12 units short of an engineering degree...which I'm more proud of NOT actually getting the degree, than had I completed it. Had I got the degree, I would most likely worked inside, without it, I spent my time on the ground, on the actual construction sites, overseeing, managing the Projects.

I'm not a very good mechanic, but I've kept my MGAs, Bs, Triumphs, and Mini Coopers, running since I was 16; but I'm working with several excellent mechanics here in town.

I took First Place at the Knott's Berry Farm Kit Car Show, 10+ years ago, in the under construction class, car was complete except for paint, I put my own body (it came out of Tim Figuars of Fiberjet Industries, mold (that I purchased from him) onto a FF5 chassis.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 10-26-2019 at 04:48 AM..