Old 10-26-2019, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
Hi Gary.

They are hydraulic. The lifts have a locking bar to lock it in the up position. You must undo it to lower the car. It would take a serious amount of shaking to knock these off and not sure if I could do it by myself. Jackstands are recommend for added safety if you are really going to be poking around under there. Plenty of room for a creeper. I absolutely love them. Sturdy and convenient. Because the car is so light, you can use the smallest model.

Fred
I second all the above. Two positions - mid and full height. The former works great for tire changes, brake work, etc. The higher position gives you lots of room to work under there if you lift via outriggers. You can always lift, put jack stands in place and remove QuickJacks. The vehicle is very solid on the QJs once it's up and the safety bars locked in place.

I have the slightly longer, 7,000 lb version that still fits under my West Coast Cobra. With appropriate blocks I can also use them for any of the other vehicles I need to lift, whether frame lift (e.g. pickup trucks) or body seam lift (most unibody vehicles).