View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

No - and I did not ask. It’s really my fault for not reading the “car criteria” before I signed up. I had just assumed it would be like it always was and any hot rod, collector or specialty car would be allowed in. But after reading further it is clear that they are targeting “exotics, rare high performance and rare collector cars”

Below is what was posted with regard to criteria. It’s their deal and they can choose to allow whatever they want.....I just did not read all the details before signing up....for all I know they might actually let me in if I show up but I would feel out of place and would be embarrassed if they turned me away so I am just chalking it up to a lesson learned....

========================
Car Examples
We have limited space but the goal is to provide a lineup of rare cars that people will drive across town to come see.
What's included
Exotic - Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, McLaren, Ford GT, Audi R8, Aston-Martin, Porsche*, and exotic versions of Mercedes-Benz like the SLS AMG.
Vintage European such as Jaguar, Bentley, Austin-Healey, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and others like this.
Vintage American such as authentic 60's era American Muscle such as Shelby Cobra, Mustang, C1/C2 generation Corvettes, Chevelle, Camaro
Dodge Vipers, Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes, as well as Nissan GTR's, and Acura NSX
Anything else that's rare and shows well - a performance-to-the-max track car, or something rare and newly released like the new C8 Corvette
*At some point we may have to prioritize certain Porsches because we could certainly fill the entire parking lot with 911's.

What's NOT included - modern sedans, sport sedans, and coupes, SUV's and trucks. Examples would be sedan/sport sedan like BMW, Audi, Mercedes as well as modern Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, base model Corvettes, etc.