View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

I know this is an old post but I am new here and I have something to say.. Maybe in another couple years this post will save someone from a similar fate.

I have seen a similar experience with a buddy and Paul Bennett.. I am a pretty good wrench and do my own work. I bought my Contemporary from a guy with more money than sense and mechanical ability.. Long story short Bennett's failure in diagnosing a "carb" problem that was an ignition/electrical problem cost my budddy a $5,000 engine.. But it gets worse..

I have found invoice after invoice for work not performed, not performed right and some performed so dangerously that it is a wonder someone wasn't killed.. (remember the engine) The short block was replaced but not fully secured into the frame of my buddy's car (my car now) with the passenger side motor mount not tightened and the mount washer askew in the slot, half in and half out..

I fixed an oil (had) leak Bennett charged my buddy $300 to fix. It was diagnosed as a oil filter bypass housing seal.. OK.. But $300?? As it turns out it was a valve cover gasket that could have been done for 1/10th the cost...

I have heard good things about Bennett Automotive, maybe he saw my buddy coming and maybe not.. I do know he cost my friend a lot of money and used generally inferior parts..

Regards,

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)