View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Thank you for the pictures of the EM ferrules counter sunk into the fiber glass door of another EM. Are you happy with only two per door? I was looking at the EM button headed ferrules and noticed that the EM ferrules have a blind center hole. The side curtain lower posts actually rest on the end of the blind hole and not resting with the weight and or force of the side curtain laying on the fabric being pinched between the side curtain inner frame and flat top of the button ferrules. Are you happy with EM's plan of only two ferrules and post per door? Original aluminum car had three ferrules per door. All the MOSS ferrules are open ended ferrules. Now I'm concerned with milling the socket on my doors before because of the height effecting the fit frame to windshield. I'm going to outsource the repositioning of windshield and mounting side curtains and soft top. I want to do as much as I can. They are charging time & materials.. I'm trying to quote an old (long time ago) paper back book about Hot Rodding, that said one change will usually require other changes to get the desired effect.