View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1547
Not Ranked     
Default Heater replacement

The heater core in my Superformance Cobra (1547) started leaking in 2015. I took the car to Dennis Olthoff for evaluation and hopeful repairs. Dennis confirmed the core was bad but he did not have a replacement. We decided to just bypass the heater completely since I only drive the car late April through October (I live in mountains of NC). This past spring, I contacted Dennis to source a heater since the weather here can be cool at times plus it needs to be working if and when I sell the car. Dennis removed the heater in early May and told me he would try to locate a replacement when he had the time. Dennis called me in September and informed me that he finally found one (I think from Moss Motors - England but I could be wrong). I took the Cobra to his shop and Dennis and Merlin replaced an exact replica of original heater along with the heater valve. Expensive but the heater works great now! Dennis told me that replacement heaters are "few and far between" and it took a lot of effort to locate one.