View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Tried to change the color to red on my playful edit, but could not get the drop down to work for me. Tried to test it again on this response and I still cannot get it to work for me.

Lighten up, it was done in a playful, not malicious manner., as has been done here at Club Cobra since the beginning of the forums time on the web. For the start and finish of the argument, you'll need to research Evan's (search Real1) old posts, as this topic has been beaten so much to death that there is nothing left of the horse but ashes.

Bill S.
Thank you for the reply, Yes I remember evan, I thought he was an arrogant ass. This is why I had positive things to say about ERA/KMS/SPF I am the former owner of ERA 626. There are lots of people who paid a premium for the CSX VIN # AGAIN is it a better car? it depends on who builds the CSX. The ERA I can say from personal experience was bolt on right out of the box. EXCELLENT people to deal with at ERA.

The CSX car... well lets just say you need to have good mechanical skills to build a car, if you don't, don't buy a CSX unless you hire someone to build it. I enjoy the process so at the end of the day it will be a top shelf car. I have been doing extensive research on the 6000 series CSX car. hundreds of photos on the internet of people who have no clue on how to build a car specifically how to install a drive train. Its amazing on how many guys think they can simply drop in a motor and transmission and expect it to fit properly. Lots of guys have the valve covers almost touching the footbox!! WRONG. Drive shaft angle, height of the transmission etc... The ERA was spot on straight out of the box(s) The CSX? NO. But if you have the skills and the time the CSX car is very nice car. and YES ITS A REAL SHELBY. is it a 1965? NO.is it a real Shelby with a CSX VIN#? YES. FACT.

Again with much respect for other guys with very nice cobras... in fact David Kirkham has been extremely helpful in my build and I bought the car from another dealer... Peter P. and David Kirkham we are lucky to have people like these guys in the very tight group we enjoy... cheers.