View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     
Default Needle / Seat For Holley With Lemans Bowls

I will be pulling my carb off this winter to change the jets and check the float levels. It is a Holley 4150, 850CFM double pumper with two front mount Lemans bowls, each fed individually via a fuel log.

When my engine was being dynoed, my builder didn’t think it was getting enough fuel. He turned up the fuel pressure to 7.5, but then the bowls leaked. I had the NPT fittings that go into the bowl machined to increase the ID as much as possible.

Now I am on the hunt for a larger needle / seat combination. I believe the one I have has an .092 orifice – I will confirm when I remove the bowls. I am trying to find out if anyone makes a Viton needle / seat that will fit into a Lemans bowl and has either a .100 or .110 orifice.

I do have a pair with steel tips that are .128 but I have had a few people tell me not to run steel tip needles on the street. Thoughts on that?

I am also trying to find out what the Holley 2953, 3085 and 3255 used for needles but I can’t find any reference material that will tell me this. They are all 750CFM or larger carbs so whatever they used should work for me, in theory.

Any suggestions / assistance would be appreciated. I am trying to gather as many parts as possible before I pull the carb.