View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Your height is right on the edge of doability. It will really depend on where your height is (meaning the distances between your heel and knee, knee and hip, lower butt and head. You'll have to have a "butt in seat" test there at ERA to know for sure. Listen to me on this, I'm 6'4" and the poster child for putting a big guy successfully in to an ERA car.
Ah, I'd seen your pictures on the ERA site!

Quote:
Another positive note from your post is that the engine you've spec'd out will be a piece of cake for any of the engine builders, so no problem there.
I'd prefer to build the engine at home, then take it to a local shop to dyno/jet/tune. I did this with my engine builder in Portland for one of my race engines. He did the machining, I did the assembly, then took it back there to dyno.

Quote:
Now for the downside. The car is going to cost more than you think. Guys will PM you specifics, but in your mind you should be factoring in an "all in" cost from everything (including flights to CT for a "tall man" fitting) approaching six figures.
I fly to upstate New York every few months with work, going to try and figure a way to do a side trip from a NYC/EWR connection to visit ERA.

What are the other big costs beyond what you spent at ERA? Engine, trans, tires?
Or is it the death of 1,000 cuts?

Quote:
Another sad point is that the time will take longer than you think. A turnkey slabber will take over a year and, possibly, upwards from there (some guys have patiently waited for almost two).
If I wanted a turnkey there are other quicker options, I'd personally prefer to build from a kit (assuming ERA does the bonding).

Quote:
You won't know for sure until you talk with Peter. If you're really serious about getting an ERA, custom made to your specs, then send Peter a reservation check today so you get in the queue. If you change your mind, they just give it back to you. And you can work with them on a handshake basis. Take it from me, as someone who has to gird for battle on a daily basis, that part is indeed refreshing.
Well.... I need to get rid of at least one car first to make the boss happy....