View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kmp927
Not Ranked     

here are your steps... One go to the DMV and get your sb100 registration started. You may or may not need your brake and lamp inspection done first to get your sequence number. THIS IS IMPORTANT...do not register it as SPCN only it has to be a SPCN under sb100 to be smog exempt. Brake and lamp inspection is not as simple as it used to be good luck finding one that wants to help you. Next do the chp vin verification. They will check the car over to make sure you are good to go and give you a vin number( or use the one on the car already) CHP is cool, they know we are a not a problem. Next is the BAR inspection. They more or less just check to make sure you have the smog gear that goes on the motor you are putting in. on a 65 427 they just wanted a pcv system hooked up.

you will pay tax on the full purchase price of the car and all equipment. excluding anything you got in calif and already paid tax on. Bring all your papers to everything. BAR will go out of their way to research your car and make sure you are not ****ing them.

my advice... hire a guy who knows how to do it and let him do the leg work for you. i tried and dmv was not helping me so i got a guy to help me and it was worth every cent to get the help!!!!!

pm for me for the guys number

DO NOT try to fake your way into the state. The dmv has a website to turn in people who have cars from out of state here. They want their blood and they will get it.

Last edited by aeon; 01-04-2020 at 11:56 AM..