View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
You know the old saying...only worth what someone is willing to pay. IMHO every Kirkham isn't worth what they are priced at. Is it a collector thing? A prestige thing? Maybe but as far as value looking at the total construction package and the materials used, way overpriced. I have no use for those kind of things..........IMHO

Fred
I don't see how you can think that way.

The original cars are worth 6-7 figures based on their history (pedigree) and rareness. Somewhere north of 1300 total SB and 427 were built. No more will ever exist, and it is supply verses demand that drives the price.

Now lets be honest and compare an original to a Kirkham, in terms of design and quality of parts. A Kirkham is superior in every way. It is flat out a better car anywhere you want to look.

Now compare Kirkham to a top of the line Corvette or any other so called supercar. Remember it was only recent years that the Corvette finally surpassed some of the records that the original 427 Cobra's set, fifty plus years ago. You get into some of the exotic cars and a Kirkham is cheap. In my mind no other car has the wow factor of a Kirkham Cobra, and you can put as much power into it as you want (within reason of course).

I challenge you to go out on your own, design, and build a car equal to a Kirkham for less money. Then realize Kirkham is doing this and making a profit, which is the entire point of any business.

PS
If you were trying to say that there are some very nice Fiberglass replicas out there for much less (1/3) money and you could never justify spending the extra money for a Kirkham, or a TOL Corvette or any of the super cars, then yes I agree. There are lots of people out there that prefer a good beer over fine wine and champagne, but that does not mean champagne is overpriced. It just means you cannot afford it (at least in your mind).

Last edited by olddog; 01-19-2020 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: PS