View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1604, VMS 427
Not Ranked     
Default Titled and registered my Backdraft in NJ today. What a nightmare!!

I did not think I would be posting this post tonight.Drove to 4 DMV's to try to title my BDR today.A freaking joke. NJ is the armpit of the USA when it comes to DMV's.Ended up at Flemington and they finally did it. They all wanted me to go to Trenton to do an SP Constructed vehicle title transfer. I new it was not going to be easy but on the last DMV I went to today the title Gods looked down on me and granted me a title.They were not going to but for some reason they changed there mines.I did not ask why. Also they asked me if I wanted QQ plates. I said sure. The girl went back to get them but her supervisor said I would need to go thru Trenton to get them. I said that is ok. Just title and register please.All done. They also granted me an exemption of inspection letter !!!!! I guess cause it is title as a 1965.How can you have a title from one state and not title it in another state.Crazy that is all I can say.

PS.Heads up to all that register a a replica cobra in NJ. If the title says SP CONSTRUCTION it will not be easy. You need the right DMV with the right supervisor.

Last edited by riggsjr; 01-21-2020 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Mis spelling!Stupid me