View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 05:56 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsjr View Post
I did not think I would be posting this post tonight.Drove to 4 DMV's to try to title my BDR today.A freaking joke. NJ is the armpit of the USA when it comes to DMV's.Ended up at Flemington and they finally did it. They all wanted me to go to Trenton to do an SP Constructed vehicle title transfer. I new it was not going to be easy but on the last DMV I went to today the title Gods looked down on me and granted me a title.They were not going to but for some reason they changed there mines.I did not ask why. Also they asked me if I wanted QQ plates. I said sure. The girl went back to get them but her supervisor said I would need to go thru Trenton to get them. I said that is ok. Just title and register please.All done. They also granted me an exemption of inspection letter !!!!! I guess cause it is title as a 1965.How can you have a title from one state and not title it in another state.Crazy that is all I can say.

PS.Heads up to all that register a a replica cobra in NJ. If the title says SP CONSTRUCTION it will not be easy. You need the right DMV with the right supervisor.
Those that follow the rules and regulations do not seem to have an issue. Those that decide to try to get around the title process in place, even taking a title from another state and bringing it to NJ usually have an experience like yours. My sound advice, do not bother attempting to get QQ plates for your car, as NJ Special Titles division is hip to all of the replicas out on the market these days. A soon as you send in your packet with the required 4-6 pictures, you'll get a letting back stating that a NJ State police inspector will be out to inspect the car. Once that happens, you'll be at risk of having the car impounded and your investment in legal limbo for a long, long, long time.....

Or you could ignore my post above and find out for yourself......The choice is of course, strictly up to you.

Bill

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS