View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1604, VMS 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Those that follow the rules and regulations do not seem to have an issue. Those that decide to try to get around the title process in place, even taking a title from another state and bringing it to NJ usually have an experience like yours. My sound advice, do not bother attempting to get QQ plates for your car, as NJ Special Titles division is hip to all of the replicas out on the market these days. A soon as you send in your packet with the required 4-6 pictures, you'll get a letting back stating that a NJ State police inspector will be out to inspect the car. Once that happens, you'll be at risk of having the car impounded and your investment in legal limbo for a long, long, long time.....

Or you could ignore my post above and find out for yourself......The choice is of course, strictly up to you.

Bill
MRMUSTANG,
Even trying to follow rules and regulations it was not easy. All I asked for was to transfer the title from one state to another. It should not be an issue.Got rejected 3 times before I finally found an agency with a supervisor willing to do it. I agree 100% on taking it to the next level of QQ Plates.Red flag.I did try to push the envelope on that as they asked me if I wanted them not me asking them. The girl at the window was I guess naive about that.

Again the object of this post is to make everyone aware here in NJ it might not be that easy to do.Might need a little lady luck.Just happy I have everything needed to drive an enjoy the car. Just need some warm weather and some rain to get the salt off the roads.