Thread: Sciccor lifts.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

One of the main reasons was height room. When I bought the free floor 2 poster the column height is 4 metres. Most sheds the wall height is 3 metres and 3.7 roughly at the peak. So it was high enough with my old molnar 2 poster to lift most cars with the bonnet closed. So when I bought the 4 metre column I poked the columns through the roof and made a sort of tent to waterproof it. Now I've moved location and I'm now building a 4 metre high carport. But when I move back to Adelaide then I don't want a high shed and don't want the 2 posts to be in the way for the odd time I would use the hoist. So that's the first pro for a scissor and it can be flush with the floor. You can open the doors. Good for low cars. Free's the wheels like a 2 poster. Gives you a platform to put stuff on. The main con would be lack of room under the vehicle when say doing exhaust and I think there's enough room for trans removal. The Musbaum scissor also go almost to 2 metres lift. Hope this helps with your decision. JD