View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
CSX 2034 is wearing PL700, unless it was found in original condition I suppose it was originally delivered with these lightsURL]

also CSX 2430, is perfectly restored with PL700

CSX2034, unrestored yes but not exactly all “original”. While Stan was still alive a close friend went to visit Stan with the intent to buy the car. My friend decided not to buy the car because it had been repainted by the dealer after early dealership use. If memory serves me, sometime between being photographed new and going into decades of storage it also had a 3-2V induction system swapped in, a change in head lamps, and two replacement tires. I have a copy of the new car road test of this car in the shop somewhere. I'll try to remember to look it up next time I go through old magazines. Anyway, the standard lamps would have been US specification sealed beam lamps by LucasŪ as referenced in early car chassis manuals.

CSX2430, restored yes but not exactly like most of period pictures of the car posted in various books.

Last edited by Dan Case; 02-02-2020 at 07:02 AM..