View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley
Not Ranked     
Default Guys I give up. I just can't take dealing with selling my Cobra.

I'm about to just give up, and keep the car.

The idiots out there are wearing me down. Now don't get me wrong, its always hard selling a vehicle, and I've sold many daily drivers for many years without too much frustration.

However, selling my Cobra is a whole other ballgame, and really starting to make me vicious, and short in dealing with people asking over the top stupid questions

For example, I get several people asking, "is this a REAL COBRA". Yeah, I'm selling a "real" Cobra that sells for nearly a million dollars for $49k.

Next is the idiots asking me to sell my damned hard top off the car. This one I really can't understand. I mean, sure, let me get rid of my finished, painted, fitted, and installed LaMans hardtop, which might actually help me sell my car vs another comparable car without a hard top.

Oh, then the people griping about the top itself, as in "its sacrilege to put a top on a Cobra". Well, it IS REMOVABLE!

The list goes on, and I'm sure some of you guys who have tried to sell your Cobra have heard worse, but I'm seriously just thinking about keeping it, and installing a stroker kit to the 428fe, and some good aluminum heads.

I would agree that I'm to blame in some of this by listing the car on Craigslist, and Market Place, but you would think people who are seriously looking to buy a Cobra would know a little about what they are buying [ie joining a forum like this would be a good start].

Lets here your "Cobra for sale" stories. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.