View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Mexico registration

Hi, this is my first post (so hello!) and I'm yet to order my Cobra kit.

I've retired and moved to Mexico, and my wife has suggested that I realise a long held desire to build a car from kit. I plan on building all new, rather than using a donor car, which I'm told will set me back about $40k USD. What I can't find an answer to is how the registration process in Mexico should happen.

When buying a new or used car here it comes with a 'factura', which is taken to the vehicle registration office (with the new owner's details added) to confirm the change in ownership. When I bought a new F150 I got a factura with the car from Ford which I took to register the car for the first time. As I'll be building from scratch I won't have this document, so I'm wondering what the correct procedure is here. Is anybody able to enlighten me how they've done it or heard it to be done?

I'm not asking how I can get around it, I'm asking what the proper procedure is. I'm well aware that I can pay the right person for the wrong document

Thankyou for reading my first post; with any luck I'll get some useful advice to confirm as correct and then be able to answer others who may have the same question in the future. Particularly with 3d printers and electric vehicles making home built vehicles a more regular occurrence.