View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Im near the heights area sort of close to the galleria in Houston..

i suppose I should mention the motor is 408W running a speedmaster 8 stack injection using a fast EZ efi 2.0, a short msd crank trigger distributor and a innovators west crank trigger to signal the computer along with their ignition box. so no wires coming off the distributor and on the intake itself I went to great length chopping and reconnecting the harness so that you dont see too many wires, even installed a 30 pin bulkhead connector to be able to disconnect the wiring all in one shot. At glance, the engine looks like a carb set up due to the absence of wiring.

the brake lever I modified to receive a simple on off switch and mounted a linear actuator opposite the parking brake cables to pull the cables once activated the whole thing is wired through the custom fuse box I installed in the engine compartment which also houses all the relays for the electric fans, fuel pump the main efi power relay and the dpdt hand brake relay. all with their own fuses for each circuit of course.

once the hand brake lever is pulled the circuit is activated and the linear actuator starts to pull the E cables.. the actuator is able to pull the cables a little harder than I could with just pulling on the lever ( i found out that my lever had been pulled so hard before that it was bent at some point and someone had tried to straighten it... so I knew the system was never working properly . when I got the car the hand brake was not able to hold the car at all.. of course there is also adjustment on the little brake pads the puck style E caliper that also helps and I replaced the pads on one side and will do the other side soon but for now the car is being held pretty good with the current system..

as for using the E brakes for an emergency per say... well i dont think even on a brand new car with brand new E brakes you could even slow the car down if anyone has seen the puck style E brake caliper you can easily see that it is far too small and weak to slow the car down and I suspect if you use it a few times when the car is moving to slow the car down the small brake pads in the puck style E caliper will be done.... so there will be no loss of steering if the e brakes is activated as the system is just not strong enough to stop the back wheels in the first place whether with regular hand operation or with an electric actuator.

I will post a vid and some pictures of the build if you guys are interested