View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

It’s a fallacy to say that one replica looks closer to an original than another, at least in the case of ERA vs. Kit “X”. As stated earlier in this thread, ERA’s body was taken directly from Peter Portante’s original car. Kind of hard to say it’s not “accurate”, or is “less accurate”, than another manufacturer’s kit.

It comes down to personal preference of one shape vs. another. To my eye ERA’s body has always looked the best, and I started ogling Cobra kits back when the choices were basically between Butler, Contemporary, and ERA. Hell, I’ve seen ERAs parked next to original cars and preferred the ERA. Again, that’s simply down to my personal preference.

Not to muddy things further here, but weren’t the bodies for either the KMP or the CSX cars taken from the “original” (i.e., Tom D’Antonio) Hi-Tech cars? Which, themselves, were taken from (I seem to recall) two different CSX cars? If so, then whichever of those came from the Hi-Tech cars were, themselves, a second-generation body.

Last edited by snakeeyes; 02-24-2020 at 07:35 PM..