View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Where ever you decide to mount it, make certain, when you are fully belted in, that you can reach it. If not, it's not worth having at all......Again, plan for the worst case scenario.........

Bill S.
When I discussed where I have mine mounted, mine is a fire system with a pull handle on the dash near my left hand. If it were a hand-held fire extinguisher I would not place it there as it would be useless in an emergency. Bill brings up a good point, if you can not reach it quick in an emergency, then it is pretty much worthless. I was watching a vintage race on youtube to learn the race line of a track that I had not been on yet. I noticed that he had not pulled the lockpin on the pull handle for his fire system. I commented on that to some other vintage racers and some of them did not think it was a big deal as all you have to do is pull the lock pin out and then pull the fire system handle (the lock pin is in place so that the fire system is not accidentally discharged by someone in the paddock). My reply was that in the midst of a fire you might forget to pull the lock pin as the adrenaline is rushing and you might just sit there pulling on the handle and wondering why the fire system is not engaging. I always pull the lockpin before leaving the paddock.

Jim