View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS427 View Post
In the process of comparing Barrett-Jackson & American Modern to Grundy.
Haven't received a quote yet, but B-J is partnered with AM. The lady at AM told me they wouldn't quote as a result, but the pricing is identical.
Currently, the GT350 is insured with Progressive, but not with AGREED VALUE. Grundy was too expensive for the GT350.
Will follow up when the results are in.
I had Barrett Jackson before it was Barrett Jackson, which is a re-branded AIG Private Client Group policy. You can still get AIG without the BJ attached. When we moved to Nevada American Modern was cheaper. BJ/AIG is built around a collection - the more cars the lower the price overall. For a single car their price was $1/100 (400K of coverage cost 4K) of agreed value coverage. There were no mileage limits.

When I moved to Nevada I explored others. There was a broker that gave discounts on Ford GTs to the forum members. They also had lower rates for very low miles (not by much but enough to change). I think my 400K policy was about 3200/year with 1000 miles max (the lowest bracket they had).

You can save a bundle (truly) with the Barrett Jackson IF you also get your homeowners/daily-driver-auto through through the same broker. We saved about 1/3 of the premium by switching to their Auto-Owners line. It's not offered in all states (Nevada does not) so it might not be available but it was the lowest rate insurance we've ever had and they didn't jockey rates every policy. They also wrote 12-month regular auto which I preferred.

By the way, the broker at BJ also writes American Modern now. Ask for Amy, she was a great person to work with. I always say Hi to her whenever I go to the BJ auctions.