Thread: Bump Steer
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Neutral     

So here we are with a suspension that wants to through us off the road..... not good.....

And making small changes won't get the Bump Steer anywhere it needs to be......

What do you do..... well a couple of things

We need to remake the top piece of the upright to raise the upright.... but in reality that not always a good thing to do because you are also changeing the Instant Center point which in turn is moving or raising the Roll Center.... And remember concensus is that the Roll Center is the most important issue when dealing or compromising all of the suspension adjustments......

The other thing that could be done is to move the Steering arms down on the upright..... that way you could leave the Instant Center point and Roll Centers alone and change them when you get to a track to see if and how much they have an affect of control of the car....like turn in... But that means re-making the upright.....

So like any project we are at a stand still as to what will be the next move..... I'm running our own computer program and changing many varables to see what is the best thing to do...... and much of it has come down to exactly what we thought.....

Raise the upright .....
Lower the Rack.....
Lower the Steering Arms.....

That is what are program said to do..... Tom K and I will figure this out and move on down the road.....

It is an important reminder for us .....and that is check and double check everything you do and what other do.... not that anything is done intentionally...... mistakes just happen and our goal is to catch those mistakes before they catch us..... and that goes for everything....

In the begining I said everything would be gone thru and disassembled and checked to make sure when we get done the car will be capable of doing anything we want it to do....and this is no different.....

I just hope it doesn't take us a long time to resolve the issue.....

As the world turns .... so do our projects..... and the good news was that My Wheels came in at BBS after one year.... but at least they are here in country.....

I'll keep you updated on the progress of KMP 259