View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I don't recall hearing anyone crying the blues that wish they had painted their Kirkham. It's kinda like finding folks who regret dropping an FE in a Cobra. They have to exist, but finding them isn't easy.

Truth is you can always paint it later. I would ask Kirkham folks what is the cost difference between them brushing the aluminum and having it ready to paint. Also what would it cost (entail) to get a brushed aluminum car ready to paint. In other words. how much money would be wasted, if you went with brushed and then decided to paint it later.

I had a swimming pool for about 20 yrs. I used to smile when all the experts, who had never owned a swimming pool, would espouse how much work and cost a pool was. I had a $50 automatic chlorination system and a $300 aquadroid that did all the vacuuming for me. I did almost no work. I didn't waste money on chemicals fighting algae, because I kept the chlorine perfectly adjusted. The point to this story is, just because some clown was too cheap or too bull headed to do something right, said clowns claims of what a PITA something is are not necessarily valid, but people will repeat the claims, as fact, forever. Listen to the Kirkhams.

Last edited by olddog; 03-14-2020 at 09:03 AM..