View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

In light of the Coronavirus situation facing our country both nationally and locally, the leadership group of the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet has decided to postpone and re-schedule the 2020 Spring Meet until the fall.
The new dates are Oct 7-11, 2020.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL ABOUT YOUR RESERVATION YET. WE ARE WORKING ON A ROOM AGREEMENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
This decision was NOT made in haste or without considerable thought but after speaking with the management and staff at the Embassy Suites Hotel, there really was no other choice but to re-schedule to the event to a later date.In the past few days the Embassy Suites has suspended all food services, included their breakfast buffet, all restaurant and catering services, and, most important to our group, the nightly happy hour. During our conversation, they could not even confirm sufficient staffing for our banquet.
Even though our event is primarily outside, we do rely heavily on the staff and amenities of the hotel to make our Spring Meet enjoyable and unique. By re-scheduling the Meet to the fall, we feel confident that our event will be even more successful.
I have spoken with several of our members from the Houston area and we will be combining the OktCobra Fest with the Spring Meet for this FALL MEET.
Please DO NOT contact the hotel just yet. I am working with the hotel over the next few days to figure out the details of the event. Our plan is for you to be able to change your existing reservation to the new fall dates without any change fees.
In addition, I will also know the status of the banquet by then.I will make another announcement about registration fees and banquet tickets refunds as soon as the hotel details are worked out.
I have also spoken with Debra Grabowski and how to disseminate the event t-shirts. More details will be forthcoming.
Sincerely,
Ken Walker
Texas Cobra Club
kenswalker@gmail.com
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes