View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

The wi9ndsheild frame is not welded to the car My EM has a bent pipe forming a cowl hoop under the fiberglass cowl. It has two vertical plates welded to that cowl hoop coming out rearwards. The original windshield frame uprights were bolted to out side side both plates. I removed the whole windshield assy. filled the body holes an made new holes in body to the right. The uprights are now left side is now inside that vertical bracket and the right side was shimmed out to the right with 3/8" thick washers
the uprights are 1/4" thick the welded vertical plates are 1/8" thick I figured that moving the left upright from one side to the other equaled 3/8" displacement. But now clamped with grade 8 3/8x 16 bolts, like a former heavy mobile equipment mechanic would .
I'm thinking that those plates will no afford an area for the uprights when at the new correct angle. but I do have another windshield still in the box.
Back in the day EM told me that back when my car was made the bodies were a still moving almost fluid form.
I'm waiting for their call that they are moved and ready.