View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Is that AU$? For US$150K-200K in the US that would get you a top end car. Not quite Kirkham aluminum but a CSX fiberglass and Superformances well equipped.

I saw your questions on the Shelby forum. You should repost them here. The Mustang crowd over there isn't the best place. You'll get the broad spectrum here.

You should read topics of specific interest. For example, you'll find a ton of topics related to engine choices with comments from those that build them (and there are many choices of reliable builders here that don't exist in the modern Mustang oriented Shelby forum).

YI have based my budget on a good Superformance! The Kirkham is lovely but at $AUD 220 plus on road you can buy an awful lot of other supercars at that sort of price. Not sure I can justify that on what is still a repo all be it a great one.
If I do this I will commit to a proper car that meets my desires. There are allot of DYI and borderline Hot Rods for sale in Oz as well at far lower prices but that does not interest me.

A few months back it would have been lower however at the moment the Oz dollar is about on par with the Italian Lira so I have to make allowances. To be honest I am not planning to commit until I have done my 'thorough' due diligence which will lead me to the end of the year anyway. It’s like trying to swim through molasses getting myself educated on the Cobra and all the options available.